Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rummy

I heard Donald Rumsfeld interviewed the other day; he's out there hawking his book around and having to put up with some quite impertinent questions from young liberal interviewers.  No matter how you feel about him, he's tried, I'm sure, to do the best he can for his country as he's been in the public arena since 1962.

I probably won't read his book, but I did find one of his remarks of interest.  He said that soon after he went into the State Department he was told by an older man to remember one thing: "At any one time, two thirds of the world is up to no good!"

I'm sure with such a view of the world, and my experience tells me it is right, you are bound to have a certain attitude towards it.

One other of the many memorable quotes Rummy has made is: "It's easier to get into something than get out of it!" How true.

No comments:

Post a Comment