Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bottles

I'm not sure when it became fashionable to drink beer out of the bottle, but I have to say I don't like it.  On our first trip to Mexico apart from the fact that the waiter by the pool insisted on calling me "amigo," which I thought was very forward, he compounded the sin by bringing our beers in just the bottles.  I had to ask him quite firmly for "dos vasos."
Drinking straight out of the bottle I consider to be not only unpleasant but it gives me a sort of upper digestive gas problem.  And She Who Must Be Obeyed certainly would not drink out of a bottle, as I've told her that no lady would do it!  But the habit continues.

Now the same thing goes for drinking it out of a can - the same gas difficulty.  However there is some hope on the horizon, I think.  If the canners introduce that tear off lid that is beginning to appear on all types of canned goods, then maybe with a wider neck I could do it.  However until that  happens, "Un vaso, por favor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment