Friday, March 11, 2011

Staples

I had occasion to staple a couple of pieces of paper together the other day.  I don't do this very often as I try and keep paper to a minimum.  However as is usually the case, the stapling machine I have was out of staples.  This always seems to be the case - a bit like policemen when you really need them.


This sent me to my modest stationery shelf in order to fill the thing up.  Now, when we dissolved our business down the hill there were a few items that we divided up and I seemed to have inherited the staples - seven boxes of them.  I checked and found that each box contains 5,000.  Now that's a lot considering that I only use at most about ten a year.  So it seems that I have enough to last me the rest of my life provided that is 3,500 years.  Methuselah  better look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment