Monday, May 16, 2011

On the Wagon

I decided to go on the wagon for the month of May.  It had been a tough few months leading up to and enduring the sailing trip in Japan, so I felt it was time to shock the system into some normality.


So until May 27th not a drop of booze will pass the Smmons' lips.  I'm about halfway through now and I have to say it hasn't been much of a struggle.  They sell O'Doules at the local and I've had a few of those.  It isn't the same, I can tell you.  I think I prefer diet seven-up, but I don't want to hurt my image.  At these times I'm reminded of Sinatra's famous saying: "I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day!"
I appreciate that a purist would point out that the 27th is not the end of May, but it's the Friday before, so what the heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment