Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cycling

View from the West End
I used to run.  Sadly the hard pavements of S. California did a number on my knees and I had to stop after some arthroscopic surgery.  So I took to the bicycle and for the last twenty or so years I have tried to cycle every other day.  I even go out in the winter if the pavement's dry and the wind is not too fierce.  Of course, a ride round the lake of about 16 miles is the best one, but I don't do that too often.  I went round on Sunday and made a few stops to take pictures - here are a some of them.
Snow melt running through Grout Bay into the lake

Some early morning fishermen in front of the Observatory
Looking south across to Snow Forest Ski Slopes

From the East End a family gets ready for a day's fishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment