Friday, December 24, 2010

Possessions

Have you ever found that you own something you dislike?  I've had a mug on my desk for about the last 25 years, and I looked at it yesterday coming to the conclusion that I've always hated it.  It was given to me by a fellow I didn't much care for; he'd picked it up at a business conference that was a total waste of time and money.  It's rather ugly and, of course, it's in pristine condition - why don't the nasty things ever seem to break?

The new container
I was mulling this over when I wandered into the kitchen and spotted another mug doing the same task - keeping spare pencils and pens at hand.  This one was bought for me by Michael years ago and is a fine piece of work.  It also has what could double up as the family motto: Life's a Bitch; Then You Die.  We all realized quickly that there is one more line to add to that: And Nobody Cares!  We Summons' have always tried to be optimists!

No comments:

Post a Comment