Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bucket List

I have to say that my "bucket list" is very small.  Now this means that either I have no ambition or that I have lived a little too fully and yet survived to tell the tale.

There isn't anyone that I truly yearn to meet - except my favorite barman on a regular basis for the next 50 years, at least.  I'm not too impressed by fame or notoriety.  I've been very fortunate to travel a lot in my life and there are not too many places left to visit.  But perhaps I would put at the top of my list an extensive amount of time to visit South America.  I've been to the very top of the continent, but never ventured to the rest of it.

When I was about 10 my father had a job offer to go to Argentina.  He thought long and hard about it and turned it down.  He always said that he didn't want to raise me in such a foreign country.  At the time and for several years I regretted his decision, but now I quite understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment