Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Pantry

I recently found myself in that famous Los Angeles landmark - The Pantry.  It's been in continuous operation since 1924.  "Never closed and never without a customer" is their slogan.  It's an interesting place, and as I was sitting there I realized it had been a long time since my last visit.  Eventually I remembered the occasion in detail as it was rather important.
Always a Wait at The Pantry
On that day in September 1992, we began early.  We rode the Harley FXRS down to the center of Los Angeles.  We had some time on our hands so we walked up Figeroa and had some breakfast at The Pantry.  Afterwards we went back to the Convention Center, and along with some 14,000 others that day we became American Citizens.  We rode into town subjects of Her Majesty and returned Americans with little stars and stripes flying from our sissy bar. 

This last occasion was nowhere near so momentous but the bacon and eggs were still as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment