Monday, February 7, 2011

The Daily

Rupert Murdock has just launched his new idea of an electronic newspaper - The Daily.  I'm intrigued to see how it goes, although not being an iPad user I can't sample it myself.  It seems the entire venture rests on the premise that people are prepared to pay about $1 a week to receive this paper automatically downloaded overnight to their machine.

I've used an iPad and found it a terrific machine, but I haven't as yet been able to justify buying one.  It seems to fall between an iPhone and a laptop.  I've got both of those and also the big machine, the desktop on which I do most of my writing.  I can't see how an iPad is going to improve my situation any more as on my iPhone I can receive news updates, emails, Facebook and the other necessities for day-to-day living.  Perhaps Mr. Murdoch will let this new paper come to us in-betweeners and download The Daily to an iPhone.  Time is going to tell on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment