Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Slippage

We're close to putting these things away for the season, but not quite.  They are anti-slip devices to stop you falling in the snow.  I usually fall down once year, but made it almost though February before I went base over apex.  We put these boots and "chains" on if it snows and we want to walk the dogs, and they are very efficient. However if a snow plough has gone through and then snow comes down to cover his tracks, it's likely that you won't see the danger and these won't help you on ice.  I was striding along confidently when whoosh down I went.  I've developed a sort of crouching fall to save my shoulders which I've damaged a few years past, but unfortunately this time it caused me to wrench my knee.  Ah the joys of aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment