Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Resolution

I was told of a New Year's resolution the other evening.  It was full of trying to be more positive and more careful of relationships - also to try and be more productive in life.  I though it was piffle!  Now as She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) knows, you can't improve on perfection, which is why I never have such resolutions.  However it did occur to me that there might be one resolution that would improve my life, and was certainly better than trying to save mankind and the planet into the bargain.
When our English foster daughter left us many years ago she gave me a wonderful glass tankard.  She had thoughtfully engraved it and I liked it a lot. However, I felt it was so thin that it would break in normal use and so I only used it for special occasions - like when she visited!  So my New Year's resolution is to use it  instead of the rather shabby plastic one I've had for years.  Now that's what I call a real resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment