Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strawberries

Firstly, apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but occasionally my camera refuses to get the flash and focus right under low lighting circumstances.  However the subject of this post is "Strawberries." 
They were quite a luxury when I was growing up and very expensive.  I've never quite lost that feeling of overabundance when eating them.  Having bought a supply the other day we decided to make a pie and used one of the ready-made pie crusts available.  (Does anyone actually make pastry for this operation these days?)  S.W.M.B.O. (She Who Must Be Obeyed) had a recipe and accordingly made the filling; she went out leaving me to provide the whipped cream topping.  It was suggested on her return that I might have overdone it a little.  But I don't think you can overdo it with cream, can you?  It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment