Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bucket List

My friend Paul in England suggested that I list my ten favorite works of art, which ended last week.  He also suggested that I post my "bucket list" - the things you want to do before you kick the bucket - a name that was made famous by the film with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman some time ago.

So here goes, in no particular order. 

There is a cruise that goes from Rio de Janeiro to Montevideo, to Buenas Aries, to the Falklands, round Cape Horn, to Oshaiea and up to Santiago in Chile.

I don't know S. America at all and my father turned down a job in Buenas Aries in the late 40's which gave the place a sort of "what if" romance factor.

This is certainly a cruise I'd like to do as it takes in a number of other interesting places I don't know.  The weather in the Falklands is sometimes so bad the big ships can't get in there, which would be a huge shame.  Also dear Christina, the President of Argentina is starting up that old nonsense about Las Malvinas again.  Will they never learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment