Thursday, June 21, 2012

Favorite Works of Art - Last one!

On April 12th I posted that I was fulfilling a request from my friend Paul in England to give a list of my ten favorite works of art.  It's been quite difficult to do this as our lives are so full of beautiful images.  In fact I have sometimes dodged the actual work by substituting just an artist on occasions and merely listed the name with a couple of examples.  Also this has not been a list of favorites in any particular order.  For the last one I cannot leave out the greatest of the innovators of modern art - Picasso.


This picture, Les Demoisselles d'Avignon painted in 1907, is believed to have been his first cubist painting. Another of his cubist works is Friendship painted around the same period.



Even far along into the 50's when I was starting to pay attention to art, Picasso was still very controversial, but today his art has a feeling of great familiarity about it.  Next week we begin a series of my personal Bucket List.

No comments:

Post a Comment