Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prang!

Some time back I wrote a post about how much better I thought driving skills were compared to years ago.  It accompanied a video of some Chinese driving which was still going through the learning stage.  I should also have mentioned that I considered my driving skills to have improved immeasurably in the 50+ years I had been active in the area.  However as we saw from the Chinese tape there is always room for improvement.
The other day, I was positioning the car onto the trailer - I'm sure my neck doesn't swivel as much as it used to - and it seems that I hadn't got the distance quite right.  When I got out to see exactly where the wretched ball was, I found it was sunk into the wrap-around plastic on the rear quarter - I thought I was still about a foot off.
I was pretty PO'd about it I can tell you, having been accident free since I can't remember.  But Nick, our local garage guy, was able to push it out completely once he got it on the ramp, so no harm done.  Thank Heaven for plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment