Friday, March 7, 2014

Tirade - Oscars

When I was quite small I would, like most children, break out of my natural shyness and act up.  The usual response of my parents was to tell me to stop showing off.  It was so ingrained in my youth I think that I developed a great dislike of the practice - good for my parents, who were like most of their ilk total novices in the art.  A few days ago I was in a local hostelry and on the big screen they had the annual nonsense of the Oscars.  Fortunately the sound was off.  But I was able to see out of the corner of my eye the dreary parade of over-dressed "celebrities" congratulating themselves on what has to be the ultimate showing off.  Perhaps this is why I never watch it or in this case hear it or have any interest in it.  I was able however able to pick out two of the three winners entirely due to the application of my "liberal guilt" system.  Come on People!

No comments:

Post a Comment