Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Doughnuts


A couple of times a week I go to a small doughnut shop to buy a coffee to go.  I've been tempted a few times to buy a doughnut to go with it but so far I've managed to resist the temptation.  I don't miss many things about England, but I do miss the occasional doughnut.  They're very different over there.  For a start they're smaller and much softer.  Rather like a soft, deflated tennis ball.  Also the most popular are covered in sugar and filled with runny jam.  I remember an occasion when we had some visiting bankers to see us in the conference room.  The girl in charge of such events had supplied a plate of such doughnuts.  Most of the bankers found them to be very difficult to eat delicately, and several of them had jam squirt over their ties.  It was rather amusing, but the order was given that in future we'd avoid such confections.

No comments:

Post a Comment