Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday's Column - Santa Barbara

Sabots about to begin a sailing race in Santa Barbara
I covered this subject a little on the cruise posts.  But Santa Barbara also took this week's spot for the Trevor's Travels column in The Sun.  It was too good a subject to pass by.
It's been a few years since I visited this beautiful city, and my previous efforts had not been particularly enjoyable.  Early on, soon after we arrived, we drove here and found the traffic dreadful; it was also just a little too far for our English driving habits.  This might have poisoned the well some.  But now having spent some quality time here I shall definitely put it on my list to do again.  To read the entire column go to www.sbsun.com/trevorstravels


Fray Sierra, who built the first mission, began it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment