Saturday, October 15, 2011

QR Codes

Like me, you've probably been noticing a few of these strange little boxes on things recently.

No doubt unlike me, you know what they are, but for those of you also uninitiated, they are QR Codes.

It seems they were developed by Toyota to ensure quick response to ordering spare parts - that's what it stands for Quick Response.

Well, the other day I was on an assignment and my guide pointed this little square out to me.  He said they were installing QR's alongside all their exhibits so that people could get more information on each piece they had on show.

When I got home I check on the applications available for my iPhone and sure enough one was there for these codes.  It was free so I downloaded it.  Now all I need it to try it out.

My friend Paul, who normally is in England but now is in Florida for three months, sent me this video which is rather interesting.  I suspect that we'll all be very familiar with QR codes soon. http://www.flixxy.com/virtual-grocery-store.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment