Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Off


In a couple of hours our friends, Charlie and Evelyn will be picking us up to drive to San Pedro for our week's cruise up the coast of California on the Sapphire Princess.  I have to say I'm looking forward to it as it's always a great experience.
People have often asked me why I like cruising.  Well, I think there's a little of the sailor in me like my father and grandfather before me, so being on a big ship gliding through the water is a very nice feeling.
Also all the big ships, and this one is 116,000 tons, are massive hotels with everything laid on.  Our itinerary is firstly to stop in Santa Barbara, then up to San Francisco, back down to San Diego, then Ensenada in Mexico, before returning to Los Angeles.  There will be two days at sea, and two formal nights for dinner.  Otherwise we'll just "chill out."  I'll report as we progress.  The picture is not actually all our luggage, just in case you wondered!

No comments:

Post a Comment