Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday's Column - Del Mar

Sunday's column was about the racecourse near the sea - Del Mar.  It's the first time I've ever actually been to a grandstand horse race, and I have to say that even though I don't bet (poor arithmetical skills make working out odds almost impossible) it was a great experience.


I was quite unprepared for the sheer excitement as the horses came down the final stretch and although I didn't have anything on any particular animal, I was shouting too - for what I have no idea.
We went on opening day and it was a wonderful event with around 45,000 people dressed up and ready to enjoy themselves.  You better be prepared for plenty of time on your feet though as seating is not easy to find.
The people and the horses were all in very fine condition and you can read the whole column at www.sbsun.com/trevorstravels

No comments:

Post a Comment