Friday, December 13, 2013

Tirade - Stupidity

I saw a piece in a British newspaper the other day - I look over a couple of them every so often.  What caught my eye was a quote by the Lord Mayor of London, one Boris Johnson.  He said "Economic equality will never be possible because some people are too stupid to get ahead."  With my American eye, I did think that this was a pretty harsh comment.  But have we become too squeamish to ever call a spade a spade.  And that is exactly what Mr. Johnson just did.  He also went on to say that in every survey 16% of people were below an IQ of 85, whereas only 2% are above an IQ of 130.  He did go on to say however that the gap between rich and poor had widened, and steps should be taken to help bright people from poor homes to rise up with some help from government.  I have no problem with that at all.  But is it wrong to speak out with the truth even if it is unpalatable?  Come on People! 


No comments:

Post a Comment