Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lohan

OK, I'll admit it; I do feel a certain sadness for poor Lindsay Lohan.  I know, I know she's a spoilt little brat who deserves what she gets.  But the prospect of jail for 30 days is pretty bad for someone who has lived in luxury with no discipline for a decade.  I'm unaware of the girl's resume, except that she's some sort of "star," and a little of my bolshie side enjoys the spectacle of the rich getting their comeuppance.  But can't someone help this poor creature?

It did seem to work for Robert Downey Jr.  He certainly hit rock bottom and appears to have turned the corner.  As Oscar Wilde said: "When you're laying in the gutter, all you can look at are the stars."  Unless of course, it's raining!

At the time of writing this, I note that Ms. Lohan was released from jail on a technicality, and I'm forced to wonder if the rest of us would receive such benign treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment