Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Duesenberg

I'm not much given to coveting!  I'm glad of that as it must be miserable to have a great yearning for something and not to be able to acquire it.  But the other day I did get that sort of gnawing of the gums.  I had cast my eyes on perhaps the most beautiful car I had ever seen.  A 1936 Duesenberg.

I shall be writing about the Nethercutt Museum where it was on display soon, but it's worth a double mention.  The curator told me that they had been contacted recently by a man with terminal cancer.  His dying wish was to ride in a Duesenberg and the owners said the curator could take him out for a spin.  They went about twenty miles.  I wouldn't necessarily want to do it under those circumstances, but I would like to drive it - or dare one say it, own it!  It cost $13,500 when new.  Any guess as to its value today.  The museum isn't saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment