Friday, February 7, 2014

Tirade - Menus

I went into a very nice restaurant the other day.  I sat down and was given the usual glass of water - I didn't even have to ask for it.  Then the menu appeared which seemed quite well presented.  Unfortunately it had followed what I have noticed to be a disturbing trend - it was all in pictures.  Now food is an exceptionally difficult subject to photograph and I suspect that it cost the restaurant a lot to produce this.  Plus it's going to be very tough to make alterations.  The pictures were OK, but I don't particularly like my meals pictorialised, as I've grown quite adept at translating words into thoughts over the years.  I appreciate that we've downgraded our education process to a large extent but is this next step towards idiocy really necessary?  Come on People!

No comments:

Post a Comment