Wednesday, October 17, 2012

20th Anniversary

Twenty years ago today I joined the motorcycling community.

This is a rather grainy photo of me riding away on delivery of my first Harley - a 1993 FXRS.  The young lady on the left is Molly, the saleswoman, who sold it to me.  I had never ridden a motorcycle before except a 150 cc Honda around the parking lot of a rider safety course three weeks earlier.  I was extremely nervous riding this 1340 cc bike away.  But now it's a distant memory.  I wonder what Molly is doing now?  My first traffic problem was at the end of the road I was about to turn into.  It was the crossroads of Washington and Lincoln, about the busiest in LA.  On that day however they were making a film and there were several cops around to watch me negotiating this intersection.  Thank God I didn't drop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment