Saturday, February 4, 2012

Back up

The other day I bought a back up device.  It was about $100 and is just a black box with a power input and a link to the computer.  I had reason to write here that I found the instructions were very hard to understand.  In fact I still can't fully figure out all the things it will do.

Naturally I bought it to back up my hard drive, but the number of variables available makes it hard to do the one thing I wanted to do - namely back up all the data I had.

Now I have done this most Mondays and it seems to perform OK, but I have another complaint.  I bought the device believing it to be up to date, but from about the third or fourth time I used it I get a message as soon as I boot up my computer in the morning "Would you like to download a new version?"  The answer is "No! I am happy with what I bought and I would like to use it, please go away!"  But there's no option for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment