Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday's Column - London

Sunday's column is about the three-day whirlwind London trip.  It was full of places that I knew very well from my days there and also some I went to for the first time - like the Jack the Ripper walking tour.  That gave Evan and I a real look at what life was like at the bottom end of society in the 1880's.  Not nice at all.

Here is a line of commuter bikes that are available for hire.  The system is that you pay in advance for a credit type card, this allows you to unlock any bike and ride it where you want.  There are parking/exchange stations everywhere throughout the city.  This one is near St. Paul's Cathedral.

I read this statement the other day from a supposed wise man: Every man has three cities that are of great importance to him - the one he was born in; the one he loves, and the one in which he lives.

I have to say that my returning to London, cemented my feeling that London fits into the second category for me.

You can read the column at http://www.sbsun.com/trevorstravels

No comments:

Post a Comment