Saturday, December 17, 2011

Purchase

I don't often get a compulsion to buy something - one of the joys, or if you like, disappointments of aging.  However when we were in Bosham, Sussex and S.W.M.B.O. (She Who Must Be Obeyed) was on the way back to the car, I happened to stop and look in a small shop.  In the window was this model boat.  I've never owned one and something about it took my fancy.  I saw the price and it wasn't too much, so I went in leaving Madam to make her way to the parking lot.  It was a matter of only minutes to buy the boat which came in a nicely compact box.  Naturally I was quizzed as to what I had bought and I went vague about it.  As it added considerably to the contents of our one suitcase for the return journey, the item as yet unnamed was mentioned several times.  Once home I erected the boat and I have to say she was rather sporting about it and even suggested a site for its display.  It's been a few weeks now and I still enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment