Monday, December 5, 2011

Brekkers

I always enjoy my visit to Heathrow on the return leg of trips to the UK.  Perhaps it's because I know I'm going home.  On this occasion, I was accompanied by S.W.M.B.O. (She Who Must Be Obeyed!) and Evan, my grandson, who is 16.  He like all teenagers was hungry and so he ordered a "Farmhouse," which is three of everything.  My school reports always said I was easily led, so I had the same.
That's three eggs; three rashers of proper English bacon; three sausages; baked beans; fried potatoes and a mushroom.  And of course, toast! The more observant of you will note the glass half full above the plate.  I was given that special look that wives reserve for their husbands when found drinking beer before 10 in the morning!  I passed when the stewardess offered me lunch on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment