Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bucket List - Berlin/Moscow

Last time for this little symbol.  Well, perhaps just one more as I'll post the entire bucket list next week.  But this is the last one to go on.  It's a visit to Berlin, where I have never been, followed by a train ride to Moscow, where I've only ever been to the airport in Commie days.  Both cities represented the commands of the two greatest threats to us all for most of my life.  I would like to see them now those dreadful regimes have collapsed.  I think most of the Nazi sites have disappeared but I would like to visit Wansee where the final solution was proposed - it is now a museum.

As for Moscow, I think they have clung on to many of their relics, perhaps even wishing for the good old days to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment