Thursday, September 13, 2012

Long Haul Flyers Dinner

Some years ago when we were jumping on and off the big silver birds, my friend Paul in England, and I had several discussions about what to eat after a long haul flight.  We came to the conclusion that the best dinner under those difficult circumstances was steak, baked potato and some greenery.
Now in fairness to accuracy we decided that a filet mignon was the best steak to get.  Well, I had my son Michael come out from London the other day and in readiness I went to the market for the necessary steak; only to find that there was a long line of vacationers tying up the butcher's time.  Since I didn't have all day I went to the meat cabinet and bought the meat out of there.  I don't think Michael minded as he ate the lot! P.S. If you're going to Japan, sushi and noodle soup will do the job as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment