Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lunch

Lunch has always been an important meal for me - perhaps as I'm not much of a breakfast person.  Around 12, I start to get the cravings and by 12:30 it's best not to get between me and a food counter.

The other day I was on assignment and it reached the witching hour when I needed to get outside some calories.  Now one of the casualties of excessive regulation and over-concern with the environment is the loss of many small gas stations.  The EPA closed them down in the 70's and 80's and they're not much use for anything once they're gone.  This one however sits on the edge of the Riverside Historical district and has been converted to a great Mexican Restaurant - The Taco Station. 




The theme of a gas station is carried on inside with meals called the Octane and the Unleaded.  They also have an Axle, which is a five pound burrito.  The one I chose was a lot less than that.  Imagine - five pounds!

Here is the mural on the end of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment