Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Telephone

Isn't nice when you realize, "I am not alone!"  The other day I heard someone on the radio say that he hated the phone.  It was not because it distorted the voice or the discomfort of using it but because it never brought good news.  Most of my business life, the phone was an integral part of every day, and I didn't mind it at all.  In fact I welcomed it; but now in retirement, it is merely an intrusion, and rarely if ever a pleasant one.
For instance although being on the "do not call" list for telemarketers, they still manage to get through and there are always those annoying recorded messages from politicians, who naturally are excluded from such lists.  And let's face it most of the time any phone call is either wanting your time or your money.  No, like the radio guy, I'm an email man.  That's by far the most convenient way for me to communicate.  I always enjoy the moment when I open my inbox and I can deal with the messages there at my leisure. Do you feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment