Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mega Lottery

This is a picture of a lottery ticket.  No it's not mine, but S.W.M.B.O*. weakened as we were in the cashier's line at the local supermarket and the clerk asked if we wanted one.  I have never bought a lottery ticket as it's not my thing, but I guess I can overlook madam's purchase - just this once.  After all, the entire nation had gone mad over the potential of winning close to $650 million in one fell swoop.  As it happens it was three fell swoops as the prize was split between three lucky winners. I'm not one who subscribes to the notion "that someone has to win it so why not me" theory.  However if S.W.M.B.O*. had achieved the impossible, what would we have done?  The responsibility is so overwhelming that it's almost a burden that is not welcome.  I guess we'd stick it in the bank, but one luxury would be to always travel first class in the future (and I don't mean business either!)  That's about it.
* She Who Must Be Obeyed

No comments:

Post a Comment